Monday, May 5, 2014

Travel to Escapade, 5/4/14

Day 2, Sunday, May 4, 2014
Nevada

This morning, when we stepped out of our trailer, we could see some traces of snow on the distant mountains.  Here you can see our campsite for last night.

We were driving through the high desert of Nevada and I thought it was so interesting to see how the mountains seemed to rise from nowhere, right out of the flat land.  Look closely at the top of this mountain.  (By the way, for anyone who may not know, if you click on any of the photos in my post, you will see a slide show of all of the photos in that post and they will be much larger.)

Here is what I discovered, when I was editing my photos from today.   It seems that there were some radar antennas as well as other antennas perched on top of the mountain.

 I liked the different shades of green that made a colorful design on this mountainside.

We had a tunnel to go through as we traversed Nevada on I-80.  There are actually four tunnels - one for each direction of the freeway and one for each direction of the railway. 

We entered the tunnel.

This is what was on the other side.  There was a lot of construction going on.  and the mountainside was interesting with its strips of brown and green.

I think this is the most snow coverage that we have seen so far on this trip.  Again, the mountains seem to come out of nowhere.

We are camped for the night.  Tomorrow is another travel day.  As we go into Utah right at the beginning of our drive, we will change to Mountain Daylight Time from Pacific Time.





No comments:

Post a Comment